Morning Konradthe <htp/file/ftp>uploader will need to have apriori knowledge
of both:location of Main distro usually 'baseDir'
location of ancillary files..pics, classes, sources, html,css

This is the reason why you will never see an apache server provisioning
individual files(except for SVN/GIT) source ctl

package ALL files(resource/source/classes/README/doc/etc) up into a jar and
drop the jar into basedir and let your customers figure out how to
untar/unzip/unjar the filehttp://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-jar-plugin/
lets pickup this thread on us...@maven.apache.org
HTH
Martin-