Hello Helder,

it is hard to say how long the release process will take - it depends on
how often votes will fail and what will be required to make them pass.

I am working on it and I think I can start the vote next month. I am
somehwat positive that we will manage a release this year :)

https://wiki.apache.org/commons/VfsReleaseState

It is generally a good idea to do testing now, I do not plan to add any
more bugfixes (unless somebody sends a clean and simple patch which
includes tests).

Gruss

Bernd