On Fri, May 6, 2016 at 2:56 AM, Mansour Al Akeel
<mansour.alak...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Thank you Woonsan,
> The use case is to report transition failure or invalid path.
> Using the listener is good, but it wont be triggered unless the
> transition happens.
> For example this was written to test commons SCXML 1:
>
> @Override
>     public boolean fireEvent(String event) {
>         List<Transition> lst =
> this.getCurrentState().getTransitionsList(event);
>         if (lst == null) {
>             System.out.println("unknown event: " + event);
>             return false;  // this should return true if final only
>         }
>         State before = this.getCurrentState();
>         boolean evnetFired = super.fireEvent(event);
>
>         State after = this.getCurrentState();
>
>         if (after.equals(before)) {
>
>             Status stauts = this.getEngine().getCurrentStatus();
>
>             Set<State> valid = stauts.getStates();
>
>             System.out.println("We are in " + before.getId() + ".
> Possible next states: ");
>
>             for (Transition transition : lst) {
>                 System.out.println(transition.getTarget().getId());
>             }
>
>             List<Transition> transitionList =
> this.getCurrentState().getTransitionsList();
>
>             for (Transition transition : transitionList) {
>                 System.out.println(transition.getTarget().getId());
>             }
>             // throw new
>             // IllegalStateException("Can not complete transition while in " +
>             // before.getId());
>         } else {
>             System.out.println("succefully switched state " +
> before.getId() + " -> " + after.getId());
>         }
>         return evnetFired;
>     }
>

> Is there a way to translate it to 2 ?

I guess the main change and challenge in API now is that you cannot
use #getCurrentState() any more.
Ate refactored a lot with SCXML-196, 197 and 200 in this (SCXML semantics) area.
For example, #getCurrentState() seems quite confusing because in SCXML
multiple states can be active at the same time. e.g, in parallel
states.
I guess that's why the old API cannot be supported any more.
So, you need to try with SCXMLExecutor#getStatus(), Status#getStates()
and Status#getActiveStates() to figure out which state you need to get
in your implementation. Please see each javadoc description.

Regards,

Woonsan