I`m reading a xml configuration object with a xml element containing a comma
separated string:

<SSLEnabledProtocols>TLSv1.1,TLSv1.2</SSLEnabledProtocols>

I archive this by setting explicitly a ListDelimiterHandler

this.xmlConfigBuilder = new
FileBasedConfigurationBuilder<XMLConfiguration>(ExtendedXMLConfiguration.class)

.configure(params.xml().setFile(configFile).setExpressionEngine(new
XPathExpressionEngine())

.setListDelimiterHandler(new DefaultListDelimiterHandler(',')));

and the reading is fine, but when I write this out I got separate xml elements
for each value instead of the same comma separated value element.

this.xmlConfigBuilder.save();

<SSLEnabledProtocols>TLSv1.1</SSLEnabledProtocols>
<SSLEnabledProtocols>TLSv1.2</SSLEnabledProtocols>