Hi.

On Tue, 22 Aug 2017 14:49:38 -0700, Russell Bolles wrote:
Good afternoon,

I recently happened to pick up commons-lang:3.6 and noticed that
RandomStringUtils was deprecated in favor of
commons-text:RandomStringGenerator.

I work on a moderately sized Java service and a quick find usages in
IntelliJ shows that I have 452 usages of RandomStringUtils, mostly in my
tests.

Was there any discussion of moving the RandomStringUtils class to
commons-text and preserving the API as it stands now? What benefits do we get when throwing out the RandomStringUtils class altogether in favor a of
a fluent builder (i.e. RandomStringGenerator).

I can't emphasize enough how useful it is to be able to create a random
string via a static method especially when writing unit tests.

Good news for you :-)
  https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LANG-1346

Regards,
Gilles