Hi,

I trying to move from Commons Configuration 1.x to 2.1.1 and I cannot
figure out how to do something that used to be obvious: creating a
properties file that does not yet exist on the file system.

In 1.x all I had to do is create a PropertiesConfiguration with a
File, set a few properties and then save.

In 2.1.1 I cannot find how to configure the build for it to accept a
path to a file that does not exist, I always end up with:

org.apache.commons.configuration2.ex.ConfigurationException: Could not
locate:
org.apache.commons.configuration2.io.FileLocator@28d79cba[fileName=store.properties,basePath=/media/data/projets/xwiki/src/git/xwiki-commons/xwiki-commons-core/xwiki-commons-job/target/test/jobs/status,sourceURL=,encoding=ISO-8859-1,fileSystem=<null>,locationStrategy=<null>]
    at
org.apache.commons.configuration2.io.FileLocatorUtils.locateOrThrow(FileLocatorUtils.java:346)
    at
org.apache.commons.configuration2.io.FileHandler.load(FileHandler.java:972)
    at
org.apache.commons.configuration2.io.FileHandler.load(FileHandler.java:702)

and from what I see in FileHandler sources it not really configurable.

So did I missed something or am I really supposed to create an empty
file before using the builder ?

Thanks,
--
Thomas