The use case is, suppose you want to recover the source from a .class file.

In the original source, it said:

public class SomeExperiment {
     System.out.println(SomeOtherClass.class); <<< WANT TO RECOVER THE ".class"
FROM HERE
     }
}

In the visitor I wrote, there's an override:

     public void visitConstantClass(final ConstantClass obj) {
           String className =
JavaUtils.dotsToSlashes(javaClass().getConstantPool().getConstant(obj.getNameIndex()).toString());
          System.out.println(class file name + ": " + className);
     }

Dumping out the data on a .class from a .java file that contains no occurrences
of the string ".class", I get:

com/intuit/qbo/Misc.class: com/intuit/qbo/Misc$Reader
com/intuit/qbo/Misc.class: com/intuit/qbo/util/SomeException
com/intuit/qbo/Misc.class: com/intuit/qbo/Misc
com/intuit/qbo/Misc.class: com/intuit/qbo/api/MiscIf

This means ClassConstant isn't just for .class references. It's for all
references to classes.

How can I use BCEL to recover the original ".class" reference in SomeExperiment?

Jim Showalter
Programmer
Intuit, 2003H-265Z
Garcia Avenue