Hello All,

Commons Parent 44 has been released.

The changes from release 43 are:

    - new profile module-name to add 'Automatic-Module-Name' entry to the
manifest
    - felix:maven-bundle-plugin 3.4.0 -> 3.5.0.
    - build artifacts -test.jar, -sources.jar and -test-sources.jar always, not
only at release time
    - maven-enforcer-plugin set version to 3.0.0-M1 and update Maven
requirement from 3.0.0 to 3.0.5 (the latest 3.0.x.)
    - jacoco-maven-plugin 0.7.9 -> 0.8.0.
    - Fix japicmp config: add to reporting section and define
ignoreMissingNewVersion explicitly
    - org.apache:apache 18 -> 19
    - add commons-release-plugin:1.1
    - add spotbugs-maven-plugin: 3.1.3
    - maven-surefire-plugin 2.20.1 -> 2.21.0
    - maven-failsafe-plugin 2.20.1 -> 2.21.0

Note, the inclusion of the release plugin, means that (for a non multi module
build), you will want to add the following two properties to your pom:

commons.release.isDistModule=true
commons.distSvnStagingUrl=https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/foo
<https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/commons/foo> (for component foo).

Then for a release when you build, you run:

        mvn -Duser.name=<myApacheUsername> -Prelease -Ptest-deploy clean test
site deploy

for a test deployment, and:

        mvn -Duser.name=<myApacheUsername> -Prelease clean test site deploy

for an actual deployment. To see the artifacts being staged properly, look
under “./target/commons-release-plugin/scm” as that is what should end up
checked into the dev distribution location.
————
Note, also that I plan to add the above notes, with more detail to the
preparing a release page, and the commons-parent page on the main site. I
simply wanted to give directions if anyone was particularly anxious to use the
plugin/parent immediately.

Cheers,
-Rob