Hi.

On Tue, 18 Dec 2018 09:52:15 +0700, Maxim Solodovnik wrote:
I can create RC, no problem
But
1) I need my signing key [1] to be added to official KEYS

The file is here:
  https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/commons/KEYS

2) Do you have description of your release process? I was unable to find one

http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-release-plugin/index.html

Also, a step-by-step recipe is here:
https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=commons-rng.git;a=blob;f=doc/release/release.howto.txt

[It is for a multimodule maven project ("Commons RNG"); it
mentions problems with the release process that might need
manual adjustments.]

If you encounter something that does not work as noted,
please report it here, and on the bug tracking system:
  https://issues.apache.org/jira/projects/COMMONSSITE

3) most probably I will need some rights

The "Commons" project has granted "write" access to all
Apache committers.
[But some repositories perhaps miss the actual settings
to make it work.  You'll have to try...]

HTH,
Gilles

[1] https://github.com/apache/openmeetings/blob/master/KEYS#L88

On Tue, 18 Dec 2018 at 01:06, sebb <seb...@gmail.com> wrote:

On Mon, 17 Dec 2018 at 15:38, Gary Gregory <garydgreg...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am on the road driving this week, my availability is limited.
>
> WRT being a RM, I think you need PMC karma for that. Sebb might be able
> confirm.

Creating the dist/dev release candidate only requires project
committer karma; Commons requires the same for dist/release

I don't know about Nexus; I imagine at least LDAP commons committer
membership is required.

There's no harm in trying to create an RC.