On Thu, 22 Apr 2021 at 22:32, Alex Herbert <alex.d.herb...@gmail.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 22 Apr 2021 at 22:19, Christopher Schultz <
> ch...@christopherschultz.net> wrote:
>
> > Gary,
> >
> > On 4/21/21 16:18, Gary Gregory wrote:
> > > You can scan the source files for import statements, of Commons
> > Collections
> > > packages, then see where those files/types are used from, then see where
> > > those files/typee are used from, and so on.
> >
> > I'd be happy to scan the source for, but I followed the instructions on
> > the web site[1] for getting the source code from git, but they don't
> > actually work.
> >
> > $ git clone https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=commons-beanutils.git
> > Cloning into 'asf?p=commons-beanutils'...
> > fatal:
> > https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=commons-beanutils.git/info/refs
> > not valid: could not determine hash algorithm; is this a git repository?
> >

> It should be:
>

> git clone https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/commons-beanutils.git

That works, but if you follow the URL it actually redirects to:

curl -I https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf/commons-beanutils.git
..
Location: https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=commons-beanutils.git

The version with the ?p= qualifier only seems to be suitable for
browsing, whereas the other works for both clone and browsing.

I expect several of the Commons components have the same issue.