Hi.

Le mar. 13 juil. 2021 à 15:10, Patrik Karlström <pat...@trixon.se> a écrit :

> I'm in the process of replacing usage of math3.geometry with geometry beta1
> and I'm stuck at two places.
>
> My project has pretty limited usage of geometry, only Line, Lines, Segment
> and Vector2D from org.apache.commons.geometry.euclidian.twod.
>
> 1. How should I replace the call to math3...Segment.distance(Vector2D p)?
> https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-math/javadocs/api-3.6.1/org/apache/commons/math3/geometry/euclidean/twod/Segment.html#distance(org.apache.commons.math3.geometry.euclidean.twod.Vector2D)
>
> 2. I used to create lines with new Line(...) but now I guess one should use
> the methods in Lines. But what about "DoublePrecisionContext", how should I
> create and use that?
> Looking at the latest commits, DoublePrecisionContext is now replaced, but
> until beta2 I'm still on DoublePrecisionContext.

There won't be a "beta2"; "Commons Numbers" v1.0 (that defines interface
"Precision.DoubleEquivalence" as replacement for "DoublePrecisionContext")
will be released in a few days.  The release process of "Commons Geometry"
v1.0 will probably start shortly afterwards.

> Happy for some guidance here.

I suggest that you test the current snapshot[1] as the official release should
be very similar.  It is important to know that your use-case is indeed covered.

Thanks,
Gilles

[1]
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/snapshots/org/apache/commons/commons-geometry-euclidean/1.0-SNAPSHOT/