Hello,

When using 'procrun.exe' to install a service on Windows, you can specify
'-Install C:/path/to/procrun.exe' to set the imagePath that the service will
utilize.

I've noticed that updating a service while passing '-install' will not update
that imagePath and digging into the code verifies this at
https://github.com/apache/commons-daemon/blob/master/src/native/windows/apps/prunsrv/prunsrv.c#L994

In my scenario, I would like to upgrade the version of Commons Daemon I'm using
and need to update that imagePath value. Is my only option to delete/install
the service, or manually edit the registry? Or is there some other command to
facilitate updating that value?

Would a PR be accepted to allow updating imagePath via the update command?

Thanks,

Jared Kauppila
Sr. Platform Engineer | Cloud Infrastructure
715-346-8134
jared.kaupp...@sentry.com<mailto:jared.kaupp...@sentry.com%0d>

This e-mail is confidential. If you are not the intended recipient, you must
not disclose or use the information contained in it. If you have received this
e-mail in error, please tell us immediately by return e-mail and delete the
document. No recipient may use the information in this e-mail in violation of
any civil or criminal statute. We disclaim all liability for any unauthorized
uses of this e-mail or its contents, and accept no liability or responsibility
for any damage caused by any virus transmitted with this e-mail.