Hello.

Le lun. 24 janv. 2022 à 08:21, qiqi tang <tangonepiece...@gmail.com> a écrit :

> *HI Gilles Sadowski,*
>

> @Overridepublic double[] fit(Collection<WeightedObservedPoint> points) {
>         final double[] p = super.fit(points);
>         return new double[] {
>             constrainedM.value(p[0]),
>             constrainedK.value(p[1]),
>             p[2]
>         };
>     }
>
> This method Just maps  the end result to the range I want.

You've cut several pieces of the suggested code.
[Also, please keep this discussion within a unique
ML thread.]

Did you try the proposed full set of changes?
Was the output of the code not a local optimum?

The feature you need deserves to be part of the test suite,
so you are welcome to file a report on the issue-tracking
system (see detailed information on the project's page).
You should then rewrite your case in the form of a (JUnit)
unit test (see the "test" part of the source repository).

> I think I need to
> let the return value of the fit method fall within the set range,

What do you mean by
> let the [...] value [...] fall within the [...] range
?

What happens if you don't use the suggested trick?
If the value doesn't settle in that range by itself, it means
that there are local minima.

> rather
> than processing the return value of the fit method twice. Just like example:
>
> @Overridepublic double[] fit(Collection<WeightedObservedPoint> points) {
>         return  super.fit(points);}
>
> The above method returns a value that is directly in the range of the
> parameter variable I want.

In your previous message, you asked:

> What should I do to limit the parameters 'm' to 1 to 100 and 'k'
> to 100 to 10,000

So indeed, bugs notwithstanding, my proposed solution is
supposed to reach that goal by assuming that the domain
of those parameters are the given ranges.

Regards,
Gilles