> Use *org.apache.commons.io.FileUtils.copyFile(File, File, boolean,
> CopyOption...)* to exercise full control over what you want to do.

Thanks for the reply.

>From my understanding, CopyOption supports one or more of three
help with the aforementioned question.  Do you agree?

The behavior of Windows is to preserve the destination permissions, per
Microsoft:

"By default, an object inherits permissions from its parent object, either
> at the time of creation or when it is copied or moved to its parent folder.
> The only exception to this rule occurs when you move an object to a
> different folder on the same volume. In this case, the original permissions
> are retained."

So, the default copy behavior is not useful on Windows except
edge-cases where people are looking to preserve permissions, which is
non-standard and should not be default.

Under the covers it ends up calling *java.nio.file.Files.copy(Path, Path,
> CopyOption...)*.

I'm happy to try a workaround that uses CopyOption to remedy this, but I'm
not really sure where to start since the above options don't look like
they'll help.