Hi,
I want to use method profiling with the JDK Mission Control plugin for Eclipse and connect remotely with a Tomcat. I use a default Tomcat installation from https://tomcat.apache.org/download-90.cgi on Rocky 9 and a self-compiled jsvc.

When I start the Tomcat with its own start script, I can attach to the JMX port, do a flight record, and see method profiling results. CATALINA_OPTS="-Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=5000 -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.ssl=false -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate=false" && ./catalina.sh run

When I start the Tomcat using jsvc, I see all the other values like Threads, Memory, Socket I/O, Exceptions an so on. But Method Profiling is empty. /usr/local/bin/jsvc -nodetach -debug -pidfile ~/jsvc.pid -java-home /usr/lib/jvm/jre-11 -cp /home/tomcat/apache-tomcat-9.0.71/bin/tomcat-juli.jar:/home/tomcat/apache-tomcat-9.0.71/bin/bootstrap.jar -Dcatalina.home=/home/tomcat/apache-tomcat-9.0.71 -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.port=5000 -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.ssl=false -Dcom.sun.management.jmxremote.authenticate=false org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap

I noticed a working method profiling when the jsvc launcher process is running with a Tomcat application, which takes some minutes to start. But when the jsvc launcher process finishes, I have no longer any values under Method Profiling.

I have no clue, what I'm doing wrong, nor whether it's a problem of jsvc, Tomcat, or Java. Any idea?

Ralf