Hello Kang Hou et al,

Thanks for your patience on this issue. After some discussion and
consideration, we have decided not to treat this behavior as a
security vulnerability.

The problem you describe only arises when untrusted input is passed to
Commons Text. Because Commons Text is a low-level library, it is the
responsibility the application that integrates Commons Text to make
sure input passed to this API is either trusted or sanitized.

At the same time, since we've seen people 'in the wild' fail to
sanitize input, the project might be open to improvements where we
make more of the interpolator features opt-in. If you would be
interested in exploring such a contribution, we encourage you to
continue participating in the project on our public channels, such as
the issue tracker and mailing lists you already found.

Kind regards,

Arnout Engelen
ASF Security