On 12 Aug 2009, at 21:08, Norman Barker wrote:

Hi,

I have been looking at the SpiderMonkey shell and the custom couchdb
javascript driver and see that the couchdb driver does not allow the
load(filename) function which is allowed in the shell, is this
intentional?

We don't want users to load extra files in their view code :)

I am looking to add functions to main.js without having to paste them
into one file and load() would have been a way around this.  The
alternative is to implement a pre-processor to create one file before
deployment which I will use for now.

CouchApp* is that preprocessor:

http://github.com/couchapp/couchapp/tree/master

Cheers