Hi,

CouchDB 2.0 expects low latency connections between cluster members, so we
strongly recommend against having nodes spread among multiple data centers
(unless you have sub-millisecond ping times, I guess). For your kind of
requirement, which I'm assuming is protection against a whole site failure, you
can deploy a CouchDB 2.0 cluster in each datacenter and use continuous
replication to push the data to the other clusters.

The setting of Q is orthogonal to your question. The larger the database (i.e,
document count), the larger Q should be, and the inverse too, but it has
nothing to do with redundancy.

B.