OK, I found it.
In the 8 shards subdirectories (from 00000000-1fffffff to e0000000-ffffffff)
there was still 8 frwiki directories (frwiki.1510609658.couch) with each 5 GB.
I deleted them with:

find . -name frwiki.1510609658.couch -delete

from the shards dir and gone they are.
Hopefully it won’t affect my CouchDB, but as I heard this is very robust ;)

I think I can stick to the v2.x now, no need to downgrade now, ouff.

frank