It may be easy, but it is completely opaque about what really needs to
happen.

For instance,

1) how is schema exposed?

2) which classes do I really need to implement?

3) how do I express partitioning of a format?

4) how do I test it?

Just a bit of documentation and comments would go a very, very long way.

Even answers on the mailing list that have more details than "oh, that's
easy".  I would be happy to transcribe answers into the code if I could
just get some.