@Nirav,

I tried your query on the sample dataset you sent, with the latest
Drill master branch. The query is successful, either as a standalone
query, or embedded in a CTAS.

Can you please double check if you have JDK install on "every" node in
your drill cluster? The run-time code generation and compilation
happen in execution phase. This means any drillbit assigned to execute
the Project operator would have to go through code compilation,
requiring to have JDK to compile the large generated code for your
query. It's not sufficient to only have JDK installed on the foreman
node.