The easiest way to accomplish this today is to use Python ODBC bindings and
the Drill ODBC driver. Wes McKinney (cc'd, of Cloudera, Pandas and Ibis)
has started work on some native Python bindings for the Drill in-memory
format and once his work is a little way along, we should be able to build
on that to provide a nice set of native Python bindings that would be even
easier to use.

--
Jacques Nadeau
CTO and Co-Founder, Dremio