So based on Paul's drilbit.sh comment and this, I decided to go ensure I
was enabling the proper GC logging because I am skipping the drillbit.sh.
I looked at the drillbit.sh, and frankly, It looks like a goofy error may
be in that... the <FILE-PATH> seems to be in documentation for other
hadoop-ish projects, but I don't think Java or BASH does anything with it.
Thus having that in the drillbit.sh (which to me shouldn't be changed)
seems to be a mistake... (Yes the -Xloggc after it may just overwrite what
was passed in the <FILE-PATH> but am I correct in saying that this is
actually just a mistake that in the drillbit.sh, and all it does is add
confusion? I hope I am wrong here and I get to learn something, but I ust
can't see how <FILE-PATH> is interpreted by bash or java....

John

if [ -n "$SERVER_GC_OPTS" ]; then

  export SERVER_GC_OPTS=${SERVER_GC_OPTS/"-Xloggc:<FILE-PATH>"/
"-Xloggc:${loggc}"}

fi

if [ -n "$CLIENT_GC_OPTS" ]; then

  export CLIENT_GC_OPTS=${CLIENT_GC_OPTS/"-Xloggc:<FILE-PATH>"/
"-Xloggc:${loggc}"}

fi