Minutes from the hangout

Attendees: Alok, Aman, Arina, Dave, Jason, Paul, Subbu, Vitalii, Zelaine,
Padma, Jinfeng, Parth, Gautam

1. 1.8 RELEASE
4836 - Regression from 1.4 (February) Pull req open. Trying to fix in 1.8.
Sudheesh will review it.
4766 - PR from Hakim. Is it a regression? If no, then not blocking the
release.

2. DRILL-4653
Set options not transparent - ses/sys by admin but not by user. JSON
exactly consistent data - while aggregating
How many records were dropped would not be known.
Jason -
JSON parsing error - skips the rest of the file. how to handle it?
Aggregated warning - good but not must.
TODO: Verify if doc changes needed NOT behavior changes. Will look at the
PR to discuss it.
Paul    -
Skipping records a problem - can't be enabled by default.
Aman  -
How many different JSON files was it tested with? Subbu - Few testcases by
injecting failures at different locations.
Subbu -
TODO: Need to add more unit tests.

3. DRILL-4704
Dave -
Seen similar issues
Decimal varying width format -> Parquet issues 4184 - Pull request open
Select * from Parquet where emp_id=100 - Issues with Cast int to decimal
without precision - Pull request 517
DRILL-4834 - decimal implementation is vulnerable to overflow errors - To
address issues and simplify implementation
Aman -
Good idea to look at previous design
TODO: Parth/Aman Attach - Mehant's doc to JIRA

Please correct me if I missed anything.

Gautam