Hello.  You were correct.
I was able to set `store.json.all_text_mode` = true; and run the query.

I also found the data that needed changing.  There were actually 3 fields.

Is there a way for Drill to display which field is bad, so I donĀ¹t have to
do the trial & error?

On 10/12/16, 10:12 AM, "Abhishek Girish" <abhishek.gir...@gmail.com> wrote:

>Hey Dan,
>
>This usually happens when there is a schema change across records. It
>could
>be intentional (records do need different types for some fields) or bad
>formatting (1 vs "1").
>
>Can you try setting this session option and retry your query? Let us know
>if it helps. You could attempt to use explicit casts in the query to get
>types you want.
>
>          set `store.json.all_text_mode` = true;
>
>Regards,
>Abhishek
>
>On Wednesday, October 12, 2016, Dan Blondowski <
>dan.blondow...@dhigroupinc.com> wrote:
>
>> Hello.
>>
>> I have a json file with 2 records (see attached).
>>
>> When I run a query against it I get this error:
>>
>> *Error: DATA_READ ERROR: Error parsing JSON - You tried to write a
>>BigInt
>> type when you are using a ValueWriter of type
>>NullableVarCharWriterImpl.*
>>

>> *File  /test.json*
>>
>> *Record  2*
>>
>> *Fragment 0:0*
>>

>> *[Error Id: 8b5166cc-28b6-488c-893f-f0265d483e13 on
>>ip-10-3-48-183:31010]
>> (state=,code=0)*
>>
>> If I break it up into individual files, I can run the query against both
>> records just fine. Any clues?
>>
>> Thanks!
>>
>> Daniel Blondowski
>>
>> Big Data Architecture/Engineering
>> DHI Group, Inc.
>>
>> dan.blondow...@dice.com
>> <javascript:_e(%7B%7D,'cvml','dan.blondow...@dice.com');>
>> 515-313-2137

>> This email has been scanned for email related threats by Mimecast
>> <http://www.mimecast.com>

 This email has been scanned for email related threats and delivered safely by
Mimecast.