Sure... I believe you could CTAS from your json directory into a tmp
parquet directory and then move the resultant files into the final parquet
directory

i.e.

Drill Query: Create table `.mytempparq` as select * from `.mytempjson`
Filesystem command: mv ./mytempparq/* ./myfinalparq

It would be great of Drill could do this for us :)