Regarding item 2 & 3,  IIKC, there is no upper limit of IN clause. An
IN-list predicate  could be converted to a JOIN between T1 and VALUES
operator, when the number of values in IN-LIST is beyond certain
threshold. An Aggregate operator is applied to remove possible
duplicates values in the list. That's why you may see HashAgg in the
query plan.

If the number of values in IN-list is under the threshold, IN-list is
evaluated as a OR-ed predicates.

The default threshold is 20 [1]. But you can change it, by running following:

alter session set `planner.in_subquery_threshold` = some_number;

>From T1
WHERE  T1.expression in (value1, value2, ..., value_n)?

==>
           Join
       T1         Agg
                      \
                      Values (values1, values2, ..., values_n)

[1]
https://github.com/apache/drill/blob/master/exec/java-exec/src/main/java/org/apache/drill/exec/planner/physical/PlannerSettings.java#L99-L100