Regarding the list of functions (build-in or UDF), someone once
suggested that we make the functions self-documented by adding a
sys.functions table.

select * from sys.functions where name like '%SPLIT%';

return function_name, parameter_list, description etc.

This way, use could simply query sys.functions using Drill.