From: David F. Severski <da...@severski.net>
Sent: Monday, March 6, 2017 10:10:44 AM
To: user@drill.apache.org
Subject: Configuring Drill Memory Usage under Windows

Greetings!

I'm a new user of Drill 1.9.0 under Windows 10 w/Java 1.8.0_121 (x64). I am
trying to configure drill-embedded to have more direct memory available to
it than the default 7GB I see when starting on my 32GB equipped
workstation. Uncommenting the DRILL_HEAP and DRILL_MAX_DIRECT_MEMORY
settings from `conf/drill-env.sh` and setting them to 16G has no effect
(value of direct_max via "select * from sys.memory;" is unchanged [7Gig]
after a restart).

General web searches and specific searches on Stack Overflow haven't turned
up any similar issues. What is the correct way to increase memory available
to drill when launching under Windows?

David