Can you send the query profile ? How is your data distributed i.e.
how big is the table and how many regions and avg row count per region ?

This problem can happen when we don’t have a minor fragment (for scanning)
scheduled on
a node which is hosting one or more hbase regions.  That can happen if we do
not have
enough work to do (based on total rowCount and slice target) to schedule
fragments on all nodes.
One thing you can try is lower the slice target so we create fragments on all
nodes.
Depending upon your configuration, making it close to average rowCount per
region might
be the ideal thing to do.

Thanks,
Padma