You could try experimenting with these parameters:

https://drill.apache.org/docs/enabling-query-queuing/ when you have Queuing
enabled.

However, in a false state, there should be no queuing (i.e. no ENQUEUED mode).

Can you provide a description of your cluster? (e.g. nodes, cores, memory... is
it a VM, etc)

One way to understand why a query is 'stuck' with queuing disabled would be to
use JStack and identify the state of the foreman and fragment threads executing
that query.

For this, you first need to know what is the query ID (the part that follows
the "http://hostname:8047/profiles/"; part of the query's web UI page). Use that
as a reference to identify the corresponding threads.

Usually, a large number of threads will carry this as a part of their thread
names. However, if it is stuck, my hunch is that only 1 fragment thread is
stuck, while the others completed. So you should be able to find that easily.

Kunal Khatua

Engineering

[1490734684477_mapr.png]

www.mapr.com<http://www.mapr.com/>