I'm not sure if anyone has ever tried that. Connecting to S3 buckets (AWS)
works via the S3a library. You could file a enhancement request on JIRA [1].

If someone has any experience with it, they can share details on the JIRA,
or work on it. You are welcome to contribute yourself.

[1] https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL