Would there be interest in finding a way to globalize this? This is
challenging for me and others that may run drill with multi Tennant
orchestrators.  In my particular setup, each node running drill gets added
to an a record automatically giving me HA and distribution of Rest API
queries.  It also allows me to have a single certificate for my cluster
rather than managing certificates on a individual basis.   I set things up
to connect via IP but then I had certificate mismatch warnings. My goal is
to find a way to connect to the rest API , while maintaining a session to
single node, with out sacrificing HA and balancing and with compromising
ssl security.   I know it's a tall order, but if there I ideas outside of a
global state management I am all ears.

Note some ideas I've also considered:

1.  using a load balancer that would allow me to pin connections.  Not
ideal because it's another service to manage but it would work.

2. There may be a way to hack things with a wild card cert but it's seems
complicated and fragile.