From: Divya Gehlot [mailto:divya.htco...@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, August 17, 2017 6:57 PM
To: user@drill.apache.org
Subject: Re: Merge and save parquet files in Drill

Hi,

No way we can merge the files in Drill if creates lots of small files ?
AFAIK , partitioning improves the performance as in my case partitioning is
based on year,month,day.hour and querying the data also keeping partitioning
column values in where clause .
It should just go and read those files and eventually improves the query
performance.
In this use case shouldnt matter whether it creates small files or big files
until we query on non partition column.

Can somebody put light on my understanding on Apache Drill ?

Thanks,
Divya