From: John Omernik [mailto:j...@omernik.com]
Sent: Monday, September 25, 2017 11:44 AM
To: user <user@drill.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Error Messages that are difficult to parse.

This is so odd...

select a.sa, a.sp, a.da, a.dp, subject_name from ( select b.sa, b.sp, b.da,
b.dp, CASE WHEN b.tls.SNI[0] is null then '' else b.tls.SNI[0]  END as
subject_name from `ciscojoy/2017-09-22/*.json` b  ) a where subject_name <> ''
limit 10

This query works

select subject_name from (
select a.sa, a.sp, a.da, a.dp, subject_name from ( select b.sa, b.sp, b.da,
b.dp, CASE WHEN b.tls.SNI[0] is null then '' else b.tls.SNI[0]  END as
subject_name from `ciscojoy/2017-09-22/*.json` b  ) a where subject_name <> ''
) x
limit 10
Fails with the

Error Returned - Code: 500