From: Francis McGregor-Macdonald <fran...@mc-mac.com<mailto:fran...@mc-mac.com>>
Date: Thursday, January 25, 2018 at 10:19 PM
To: "user@drill.apache.org<mailto:user@drill.apache.org>"
<user@drill.apache.org<mailto:user@drill.apache.org>>
Subject: Fwd: Creating a Tableau extracts with Drill 1.12 uses unlimited memory

Hi all,

I am guessing that each of your EMR nodes are quite large? EMR nodes are:
r4.2xlarge ('vcpu': 8, 'memory': 61)

Property "planner.width.max_per_node" is set to = 6

What is the system memory and what are the allocations for heap and direct?
System Memory: 61GB (EMR nodes above)
drill_mem_heap: 12G
drill_mem_max: 48G

The view is simple: SELECT * FROM s3://myparquet.parquet (14GB)

planner.memory.max_query_memory_per_node = 10479720202

Drillbit.log attached (I think I have the correct selection included).

Thanks

On Fri, Jan 26, 2018 at 2:41 PM, Kunal Khatua