Hi Everyone,

Here are some key points of today's hangout discussion:

Sorabh mentioned that there are some regressions in TPCDS queries and its a
blocker for 1.16 release.

Bohdan presented tehir proposal for Hive Complex types support. Here are
some of the important points

   - Structure of MapVector : Keys are of primitive type where values can
   be of either primitive or complex type.
   - MapReader and MapWriter are used to read and write from the MapVector
   - MapWriter tracks the current row/length and is used to calculate write
   position and offset

Following are some of the questions from the audience

   - Will the types be implicitly casted since calcite supports keys of
   type int and string.
   - Future improvements include sorting the keys for better lookup, Is it
   per row or across all the rows?

Since there is more to discuss, there will be a hangout session on
04-18-2019 at 10 AM PST (link
http://meet.google.com/yki-iqdf-tai).

Thank you,
Jyothsna