Hi Team,

After further checking on this UNION ALL, I found that UNION ALL
(between Parquet and database) behaves as expected with limited number of
rows and columns. But for a larger Parquet file and higher number of
selected rows and columns, the UNION ALL takes much higher time than sum of
the same of individual Parquet and DB Query.

As per the analysis, it looks like the source of this issue is-
Although we are using distributed mode, the UNION ALL query is executed
only on 1 NODE in case of Parquet UNION ALL DB. It is not distributed and
parallelized in multiple nodes.

Whereas, for individual query or UNION ALL between same type datasets
(Parquet + Parquet) it is getting distributed in 2 NODES.

Do you have any finding / idea on this ?

Thanks,
Sreeparna Bhabani

--

Thanks n Regards,