Hi Michele,

If you don't set the parallelism, the default parallelism is used. For the
visualization in the web client, a parallelism of one is used. When you run
your example from your IDE, the default parallelism is set to the number of
(virtual) cores of your CPU.

Moreover, Flink will currently not automatically set the parallelism in a
cluster environment. It will use the default parallelism or the user-set
parallelism. In your example, if you set the parallelism explicitly then it
will also show up in the visualization.

Best,
Max