"So it is up to debate how the support for resuming from intermediate
results will look like." -> What's the current state of that debate?

Since there is no support for nested iterations that I know of, the debate
how intermediate results are integrated has not started yet.

> "Intermediate results are not produced within the iterations cycles." ->
> Ok, if there are none, what does it have to do with that debate? :-)

I was referring to the existing support for intermediate results within
iterations. If we were to implement nested iterations, this could
(possibly) change. This is all very theoretical because there are no plans
to support nested iterations.

Hope this clarifies. Otherwise, please restate your question because I
might have misunderstood.

Cheers,
Max