Hello,

I need to extract a finite subset like a data buffer from an infinite data
stream. The best way for me is to obtain a finite stream with data
accumulated for a 1minute before (as example). But I not found any existing
technique to do it.

As a possible ways how to do something near to a stream’s subset I see
following cases:

-          some transformation operation like ‘take_while’ that produces
new stream but able to switch one to FINNISHED state. Unfortunately I not
found how to switch the state of a stream from a user code of
transformation functions;

-          new DataStream or StreamSource constructors which allow to
connect a data processing chain to the source stream. It may be something
like mentioned take_while transform function or modified StreamSource.run
method with data from the source stream.

That is I have two questions.

1)      Is there any technique to extract accumulated data from a stream as
a stream (to union it with another stream)? This is like pure buffer mode.

2)      If the answer to first question is negative, is there something
like take_while transformation or should I think about custom
implementation of it? Is it possible to implement it without modification
of the core of Flink?

Regards,

Roman