The option was accepted using the yaml file and it looks likes it solved our
issue.

Thanks again.

From: Robert Metzger [mailto:rmetz...@apache.org]
Sent: mardi 17 novembre 2015 12:04
To: user@flink.apache.org
Subject: Re: MaxPermSize on yarn

You can also put the configuration option into the flink-conf.yaml file.

On Tue, Nov 17, 2015 at 12:01 PM, Gwenhael Pasquiers
<gwenhael.pasqui...@ericsson.com<mailto:gwenhael.pasqui...@ericsson.com>> wrote:
We tried to add : -yD env.java.opts="-XX:MaxPermSize=256m"

But we’ve got to investigate since we have to following error :

Improperly specified VM option 'MaxPermSize'
Error: Could not create the Java Virtual Machine.
Error: A fatal exception has occurred. Program will exit.

Either is the option is badly supported, or it is incorrectly passed to the VM
(maybe the “-XX:” causes some issues in the scripts).

We’ll investigate.