Hi Fabian -

Thanks Fabian, that is a helpful description.

That document WAS my source of information and it seems to also be the
source of my confusion. Further, it appears to be wrong - there is a
FoldFunction<O,T> (
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-0.10/api/java/org/apache/flink/api/common/functions/FoldFunction.html)
that should be passed into fold()?

Separate note: fold() doesn't appear in the javadocs for 0.10.0 DataStream
(see
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-0.10/api/java/org/apache/flink/streaming/api/datastream/DataStream.html).
So this made me look in the freshly-downloaded flink-streaming-java:0.10.0
and fold() does not appear in org
.apache.flink.streaming.api.datastream.DataStream either. Am I looking in
the wrong place for it? In 0.9.1, it's located in that same class with this
signature: fold(R initialValue, FoldFunction<OUT, R> folder).

Ron

--
Ron Crocker
Principal Software Engineer