The REST interface does also provide metrics about the number of records
and the size of the input and output of all tasks.
See:
- /jobs/<jobid>/vertices/<vertexid>
in
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-0.10/internals/monitoring_rest_api.html#details-of-a-running-or-completed-job

However, not all of this data is going over the network because some tasks
can be locally connected.

Best, Fabian