Hi!

If I understand you correctly, what you are looking for is a kind of
periodic batch job, where the input data for each batch is a large window.

We have actually thought about this kind of application before. It is not
on the short term road map that we shared a few weeks ago, but I think it
will come to Flink in the mid-term (that would be in some months or so), it
is asked for quite frequently.

Implementing this as a core feature is a bit of effort. A mock that writes
out the windows and triggers a batch job sounds not too difficult, actually.

Greetings,
Stephan