Hello,

I am looking over the mechanisms of evicting events in Flink. I saw that either
using a default evictor or building a custom one the logic is that the evictor
will provide the number of events to be discarded.
Could you please provide me with some additional pointers regarding the
mechanism in Flink where this actually happens:

-          The class that implements this functionality of discarding the
events? (my initial expectations that this happens in the window class turn out
to be wrong). I checked and found the "EvictingNonKeyedWindowOperator" - is
this the right place to look indeed?

-          If yes, would it be possible to create a customizable class like
this one and somehow pass it to the framework? I would be curious if there is
an option  other than modifying the core classes and recompiling the framework?

On a slightly parallel topic - is there some way of creating a state in the
evictor that will be check pointed and restore in case of failure.  I would be
interested if something like an operator state is possible in the evictor.

Regards,

Dr. Radu Tudoran
Research Engineer - Big Data Expert
IT R&D Division

[cid:image007.jpg@01CD52EB.AD060EE0]
HUAWEI TECHNOLOGIES Duesseldorf GmbH
European Research Center
Riesstrasse 25, 80992 München

E-mail: radu.tudo...@huawei.com
Mobile: +49 15209084330
Telephone: +49 891588344173

HUAWEI TECHNOLOGIES Duesseldorf GmbH
Hansaallee 205, 40549 Düsseldorf, Germany,
www.huawei.com<http://www.huawei.com/>
Registered Office: Düsseldorf, Register Court Düsseldorf, HRB 56063,
Managing Director: Bo PENG, Wanzhou MENG, Lifang CHEN
Sitz der Gesellschaft: Düsseldorf, Amtsgericht Düsseldorf, HRB 56063,
Geschäftsführer: Bo PENG, Wanzhou MENG, Lifang CHEN
This e-mail and its attachments contain confidential information from HUAWEI,
which is intended only for the person or entity whose address is listed above.
Any use of the information contained herein in any way (including, but not
limited to, total or partial disclosure, reproduction, or dissemination) by
persons other than the intended recipient(s) is prohibited. If you receive this
e-mail in error, please notify the sender by phone or email immediately and
delete it!