Did you double check that your jar does contain the Kafka connector
classes? I would assume that the jar is not assembled correctly.

See her for some help on how to package jars correctly:
https://ci.apache.org/projects/flink/flink-docs-release-1.0/apis/cluster_execution.html#linking-with-modules-not-contained-in-the-binary-distribution

One way would be this (even if I think, this would not be required to
solve your problem):
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/31784051/how-to-reference-the-external-jar-in-flink

-Matthias