hi all,

I have a stream of incoming object versions (objects change over time) and
a requirement to fetch from a datastore the last known object version in
order to link it with the id of the new version,  so that I end up with a
linked list of object versions.

all object versions contain the same guid, so I was thinking about using
flink streaming in order to assure ordering and avoid concurrency / race
conditions in the linkage process (object version might arrive unordered or
may arrive at spikes)

if I use the object guid as a key for a keyed stream I am concerned I will
end up with millions of windowed streams hence causing OOM.

what do you think should be the right approach? do you think flink is the
right technology for this task?