I see. But even if you would have an operator (A,B)->(A,B), it would not
be possible to block A if B does not deliver any data, because of
Flink's internal design.

You will need to use an custom solution: something like to a map (one
for each steam) that use an side-communication channel (ie, external to
Flink). The maps could send heart-beats to each other as long as there
are input date available. As long as heart beats are received, data is
forwarded. If there are no heart beats for the other map, it indicates
that the other stream lacks data and thus forwarding can block to
throttle the own stream.

-Matthias