Thank you for your answer.

Maybe I should have mentioned that I am at the beginning with both
framework, somewhat making a choice by evaluating their capability. I know
Akka stream better.

So my question would be simple. Let say that

1-/ have a stream of event that are simply information about the fact that
some item have changed somewhere in a database.

2-/ I need for each of those event, to query the db to get the new version
of the item

3-/ apply some transformation

4-/connect to another Db and write that results.

My question here is as follow:

How am I suppose to make the call to both db in and out. Should those calls
be synchronous ?

I come from scala and Akka, where typically we avoid to make blocking calls
and use future all the ways for this kind of situation. Akka stream allows
that fine grain level of detail for stream processing for instance. This
avoid thread starvation. While I make the io operation the thread can be
used for something else.

So I believe that somehow this can be reproduce with both frameworks.

Can you please explain how this is supposed to be handled in Flink ?